- white paper
- paint brush
- newspaper (to protect work surface)
- 2 pipe cleaners
- tulle ribbon (or scraps of fabric)
- tape (optional)
- Cut paper into a diamond kite shape.
- Have child paint the kite. Allow paint to dry.
- Glue two pipe cleaners to kite shape. Trim as needed to make them fit.
- Tie some pieces of tulle or (scraps of fabric) to a piece of yarn to make the kite's tale.
- Glue (or tape) yarn to the back of the kite shape.
- Display your kite. (We taped ours to the pantry. You might also wish to hang the kite, but you would probably want both sides of the paper painted first.)