Here's a really simple craft Logan and I made today while at his play group. He helped by choosing which food coloring and which glitter to use. In less than 5 minutes, you can make your own wave bottle with stuff you probably have at home already. The end result is a bit like a lava lamp, which is sure to entertain kids of all ages.
- Fill bottle 2/3 full with water.
- Add enough oil to fill the rest of the bottle.
- Add a few drops of food coloring. (We used 5 drops of blue.)
- Add some glitter.
- Screw lid tightly onto bottle.
- Shake bottle to mix contents and enjoy.
- If desired, use hot glue on the inside of the cap and then screw lid onto bottle for extra insurance against curious little hands getting it open!