Saturday, February 1, 2014

January at Our House

This is some pretty good stuff. I got a kick out of reading these quotes again, so hopefully you will, too.

January 3, 2014
Mia cut the eraser off her pencil and I asked her why.
M: "Logan told me to!"
Me: "Well, don't do what he tells you to do. He doesn't always know."
L: "Yeah! I'm a kid."

January 3, 2014
L: "Mom, are you on Candy Crush?"
Me: "Yeah, but I'm stinkin' at it."
L: "Oh, so that's what I smell."

January 8, 2014
It was the third snow day in a row and she was desperate to go back to school. She had just finished having a huge meltdown and was feeling remorseful.
M: "You're my favorite mommy. I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier. I was just over-tired, and I didn't get enough sleep last night."
Her favorite mommy? Last I checked, I was her only mommy. Wonder if I should be concerned?

January 10, 2014
L (after his bath, wrapped in a towel): "I'm drier than applesauce. I'm warmer than frozen applesauce, too!"
I suppose so, yes.

January 12, 2014
M: "Maybe some day I'll be a flying squirrel."
And some day I could be an heiress. Anything's possible.

January 16, 2014
M (On why I shouldn't cut her nails): "I like keeping my thumbnails long because it helps me take apart Legos."
Yep, makes sense to me.

January 16, 2014
M: "Is it okay to flush and wash?"
Me: "Yes. Why?"
M: "Because Netflix is down."
So if the Internet is down, our entire household stops functioning?

January 21, 2014
M (opening birthday gift from her uncle): "Ooh! Party pens!" (pens with plumes on the ends)

January 21, 2014
L (Overheard while he was jabbering to himself in the bathroom as he got ready for bed): "Doggie coleslaw."
I am not sure what this means, but I think it is a dreadful idea. I'm sure you will agree that we do not want to feed our dogs cabbage-based foods!

January 23, 2014
I was standing on a chair while taking down Christmas cards that were taped on the wall in the archway between the dining room and living room.
M: "That's so cool!"
Me: "What's so cool?"
M: "You!"
Me {flattered but confused}: "Why am I so cool?"
M: "Because you can stand on a chair!"
Really? That's all it takes to impress her? Whew. Hoping my "cool mom" status continues for a while...

January 24, 2014
L (on why he needs a Band-Aid): "I was scratching those bumpy things (scabs) and then those bumpy things tore open."

January 24, 2014
L (in the kitchen, while I am preparing to make a cake): "Mommy, can I lay the eggs?"

January 28, 2014
L (complaining of boredom on another snow day): "Being a kid is sooooooo rough!"
Really, it was hard to not make a sarcastic reply here.

January 28, 2014
L (on why he fell down): "I couldn't see backwards."
Obviously.

January 29, 2014
L (complaining on yet another snow day): "When can I play Frisbee again? It's been winter ALL day!"
Tell me about it.

January 30, 2014
L: "Did you know you can eat this part?" {shows me where he chewed it the plastic inner wrap from a Fruit Roll-Up}
Me: "Um.... No, let's not eat the plastic. Just eat the Fruit Roll-Up."
L: "But it tasted kind of good!"
Well, if it tastes good, then by all means... Okay, seriously. I don't normally have these in the house. I only bought them to make puppy tongues for the cupcakes. Maybe this is why he doesn't know how to eat one!

January 30, 2014
L (while getting ready to go to Math Night at Mia's school): "Math is so 'citing!"
{Pats self on back. Can almost see myself winning "Mom of the Year." Where to put trophy?}


No comments:

Post a Comment