Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sleep Cannot Stop Sibling Rivalry (and Other Things My Kids Taught Me This Month)

May 5, 2012
The kids were playing in Daddy's car, and Mia was pretending to drive while Logan rode in the backseat.
Mia: "We're driving to China."
Me: "Do you know where China is?" {I didn't want to tell her it was impossible, what with the ocean and all...}
Mia: "Yes," she said emphatically. "I have the GPS!"

May 8, 2012
Logan was busy pouring water on a June bug, apparently giving it a bath. (The dumb things keep attempting suicide in the kids' water table.) He told it, "Here you go, buggy. You gonna be nice and clean." Isn't he thoughtful?

May 18, 2012
At Dairy Queen:
Me: "What kind of ice cream cone do you want?"
Logan: "A big one!"
Me: "You can have chocolate, vanilla, or twisted together."
Logan: "Neminem!" (M&M)
He eventually settled for a twisted cone, but you have to admire his attempts at negotiating something bigger and better. Future lawyer, perhaps?

May 28, 2012
Mia came up with a new excuse for why she couldn't brush her teeth at bedtime: "It's a little heavy. There's too much toothpaste on it." Points for creativity, but no dice.

May 29, 2012
Logan screamed this during his sleep: "Let it go, Mia. It's mine!" So now we know that even sleep cannot stop sibling rivalry.

May 31, 2012
After putting on her pink boots (which were "firefighter boots" today) and a firefighter's helmet (because obviously you need to dress appropriately for a trip to the library), Mia told me, "Mommy, when I grow up I'm going to be a firefighter. And Daddy will be thrilled when I tell him!"

May 31, 2012
Mia sounded quite proud when she informed me after dinner, "I'm the wettest soup eater." Silly me, I didn't even realize it was a contest.



No comments:

Post a Comment