Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Discriminating Taste

Today I took Logan shopping for new shoes. It was an unsuccessful mission, however, as we only made it to one store: Walmart. I don't know why I never saw it before, but their selection of boys' shoes is much, much smaller than their girls' shoe selection, which I am sure is the case with everything kids wear at pretty much every store on the planet. Plus, I realized the quality is just not good enough to withstand the little man's activity level these days. I was feeling a bit frustrated when he looked up at me and asked, hopefully, "Light up?" I told him that of the two pairs of sneakers they had to chose from, neither one lit up. He didn't respond; he just walked away. Clearly, Walmart's shoes didn't make the cut for him. His disappointment was short-lived, though. Later in the day, he was dancing happily around the kitchen wearing Mama's boots. Obviously, he has discriminating taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment