Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Learn Something New Every Day

Mia has her own take on everything. Her four-year-old perspective often makes me stop and think twice about what I already know to be "true." I know this will change as she gets older, so it is always entertaining to look back at the end of the month and see the things I have jotted down in my notebook. How else would I learn that bike helmets don't like pigtails or the "truth" about getting everything we want? And although, I did already know that ice cream is "delectable," a reminder doesn't hurt.


11/7/11
"Mmmmm. Ice cream is delectable, Mama!" 

(Vocabulary courtesy of Fancy Nancy.)

11/21/11 
Said while feeling frustrated about putting on her bike helmet:
Mia: "These things need to come out."
Me: "What things need to come out?"
Mia: "These!" {points to braids} "This helmet doesn't like pigtails!"

Said while showing me something in the Toys 'R Us catalog:
Mia: "I'm getting this."
Me: "You are?"
Mia: "Yeah. Because I circled it so I'm getting it!"

(If I had only known that this was how it worked, I would have been circling a lot more things in catalogs. Wonder where the Home Depot ad is? I really want some new flooring.)

No comments:

Post a Comment