- dry pumpkin seeds
- paint (various colors, depending on your design)
- paintbrushes (not needed if you use a zippered baggie)
- paper plate or bowl (or zippered baggie)
- wax paper
|Witch drawn by Mama and filled in by Mia, age 3 1/2|
- Paint pumpkin seeds. You can do this on a paper plate or in a shallow bowl. (You could also put the seeds in a zippered baggie along with paint and shake it up. I felt that this was the most efficient and least messy of the ways that we tried.) Lay seeds on wax paper to dry. (We used a separate piece of wax paper for each color, which worked well.)
- While pumpkin seeds are drying, draw your design on paper.
- Glue seeds onto paper to fill in the design (in the style of a mosaic).
|I made my jack-o'-lantern on black paper and skipped filling in the eyes, nose, and mouth.|
This craft was inspired by this site.