Monday, August 2, 2010

My Mommy Style

I took a quiz titled "What's Your Mommy Style" in American Baby magazine and was a bit surprised at the results. I assumed that I would come out as a "planner," but I actually scored higher in the "freewheeler" category than I did in the planner category. My final results classified my mommy style as an "optimizer." They describe the optimizer style as this,
"...you read the parenting guides, but you remain calm if you notice your baby starts teething (or talking) a few weeks later than the book says he should. And although you aim to keep a schedule, you know missed naps happen. When life goes topsy-turvy, you make the best of it." 
I read this and thought that does sound pretty close to how I operate these days. I'm not sure I would have answered the questions the same if I had taken the quiz as a new mom or if I was still a "working" mom. ("Working" mom is kind of a misnomer since all moms are working moms!) The question is: has being a mom changed my outlook on life or is that just the natural evolution of things...

No comments:

Post a Comment