- clean glass jar with twist on lid
- hot glue gun (adult use only)
- baby oil
- small trinket or toy
- Have an adult use a hot glue gun to attach a small toy or trinket (something that won't rust or dissolve in water) to the inside of the jar lid.
- Fill jar most of the way with water. (Child can help with this.)
- Add a very small amount of baby oil. (Child can help with this.)
- Sprinkle in some glitter. (Child can help with this.)
- Have an adult rim the inside of the jar's lid with hot glue, being careful not to cover up the threading. (It won't screw on tightly if you do.) Screw lid onto jar.
- You now have a snow globe so give it a shake. (If leaking occurs, remove jar lid, pull out hot glue, and reapply. If desired, you can apply a small ring of hot glue on the outside of the lid to ensure that it is sealed, but I don't think this is necessary.)