- decorative paper (I used two 12" by 12" pieces of scrapbook paper)
- paper cutter (or scissors)
- lemonade container (or oatmeal container)
- adhesives (scrapbooking squares and clear tape)
- Mod Podge
- foam paint brush
- felt ribbon
- chipboard letters, tag, and flower
- pink marker
- alphabet button embellishments
- glue dots
- Trim paper to fit your container. (You might also use pretty fabric in place of paper.)
- Adhere paper to container. I used a few scrapbook square adhesives to hold the paper to my lemonade container and a small amount of clear tape to hold the two pieces of paper together. I used some of my scraps to decorate the inside of the lid since I was planning to save and use it.
- If you want your container to be a bit fancier, add some extra embellishments (stickers, chipboard shapes, ribbon, etc.). Or you can just keep it simple with pretty paper, and follow up with a coat of Mod Podge to protect it. I covered my whole container with this, embellishments included.
- Allow the Mod Podge to dry completely and then arrange your head bands on the outside. You could also leave the cover off and drape head bands over the top, but I chose to use the inside for additional storage of hairbrushes, combs, detangling spray, and tiny hair elastics (in their own container).