- coffee filters
- spray bottle of water
- clear tape
- paper towel/newspaper
|Snowflake by Logan, Age 15 Months (cut by Mama)|
- Using markers, color a coffee filter. Don't worry if the entire surface isn't covered.
- Spritz the coffee filter with water.
- Lay the damp coffee filter on paper towel or newspaper and allow it to dry.
- Once dry, fold the coffee filter in half and then in half again for a basic snowflake (see picture of Logan's). For a more intricate design, continue folding in half once (like Mia's and mine) or twice more.
- While coffee filter is still folded, use scissors to cut out small designs on the folds. Make sure to trim triangular notches along the outside edge. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Unfold the coffee filter and you will have a lovely snowflake. Display your snowflake on a window using clear tape.
Snowflake by Mia, Age 3 1/2