- paper bag (grocery size or larger)
- white crayon (or colored pencil or paint pen)
- buttons (optional)
- glue (if using buttons)
|Paper Doll Gingerbread Men Decorated by Mia, Age 3 1/2|
- Cut a long strip from a brown paper bag and fold it accordion style. We used a brown paper shopping bag.
- Draw a gingerbread man on the top section, making sure that the hands and feet touch at the folds. (Tip: I drew our gingerbread man freehand, but you could trace around a cookie cutter.)
- Keeping the paper folded, cut out the gingerbread man, making sure not to cut through the folded paper at the hands and feet.
- Unfold your paper and decorate the gingerbread men. I used a white crayon. Mia chose to glue on buttons. The directions in the book said to use paint, but you could also use a white colored pencil. I would recommend using a paint pen if you choose to use paint.