|Paper Bag Pumpkins by Mia, Age 3 1/2|
Here is a cute and simple craft for kids of all ages. You can easily make a whole patch of pumpkins (or jack-o-lanterns) to decorate your home for Halloween! I expanded this craft idea from the following: http://www.crayola.com/crafts/detail/paper-bag-pumpkin-patch-craft/
- paper bag
- orange crayon
- black construction paper
- green construction paper
- green curling ribbon
- glue or tape
- Using an orange crayon, color the paper bag, leaving about 2 inches at the top plain brown. (Removing the paper from the crayon and using the side of the crayon makes coloring large areas go faster.)
- Crumple newspaper and use it to fill the orange part of the bag.
- Twist the brown section of the bag to form the stem.
- Cut leaves from green construction paper and glue (or tape) them to the stem.
- Cut a length of green curling ribbon, tie to stem, and use blade of scissors to curl the ribbon. (If you don't have curling ribbon, you could cut strips of green paper and use scissors to curl it OR use pipe cleaners.)