|Last night's dinner was a family project.|
I saw a picture of something similar made by my friend Katie last year, so I decided we would try making our own jack-o'-lantern pizza for dinner. It turned out pretty cute and tasty.
- pizza crust mix (We used Betty Crocker)
- pizza sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- pizza pan
- kitchen scissors
- rolling pin (optional)
- Prepare pizza dough according to package directions.
- Flour counter top and hands before working with dough. You may also want to add some flour to the dough so it is easier to work with. (We like to use a floured rolling pin to form the dough into the shape we want, picking dough up often so it doesn't stick to the counter.)
- Add dough to pizza pan and reshape as desired.
- Top with pizza sauce.
- Add shredded cheese. (We use mozzarella, but there are pizza cheese blends you can also try.)
- Cut pepperoni to look like eyes, nose, and mouth. (We were running short on time and only cut a triangle nose. The rest of the pepperoni we used in its original round shape.)
- Decorate pizza with pepperoni to form the jack-o'-lantern's face.
- Bake according to package directions. Enjoy!