Saturday, February 22, 2014

White Chocolate Popcorn Treat

Mmmmmm is the only sound you can clearly make when your mouth is full. Coincidence? I think not -- especially if your mouth is full of this white chocolate goodness! Warning: This is delicious and dangerously addictive!

{Do I even need a caption? I mean, really?}


Ingredients:
  • popcorn -- about 8 cups 
  • 2 cups tiny pretzel twists
  • 1 cup dry roasted peanuts (I use unsalted.)
  • 1/2 cup Craisins (M&Ms are tasty, too!)
  • 12-oz. bag white chocolate morsels (I definitely recommend using actual white chocolate and not "vanilla" baking chips, which do NOT melt as well and are more likely to scorch.)
  • 1 Tbs. cooking oil (Optional. I use EVOO. Vegetable oil also works)


Directions:
  1. Pop popcorn. I add 1/2 cup kernels to my air popper. (You can also use a bag of plain white microwave popcorn.) Make sure to remove all unpopped kernels. You don't want to break a tooth!
  2. Combine popcorn, pretzels, peanuts, and Craisins (or M&Ms) in a very large bowl.
  3. Place the white chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl. You might also wish to add a tablespoon of cooking oil, which helps eliminate scorching. (Trust me, you don't want to scorch your chocolate. Smells terrible, and such a waste!) Begin cooking at high for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. Continue cooking for 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until white chocolate is melted. (This is about 1 minute 15 seconds total for my microwave.)
  4. Pour melted white chocolate over popcorn mixture and stir to combine until it is evenly coated. Spread onto wax paper and allow to harden completely. Store in an air-tight container (if you happen to have any left over!) Perfect for parties -- or just to enjoy, because you know you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment