Here is a simple project I did with Mia last year when she was 2 1/2. You could make several of these easy ornaments to give as gifts or to hang on your own tree. This would make an easy group project if you had the shapes pre-cut (or just traced if doing this craft with older kids.) It would be perfect for keeping kids occupied at holiday gatherings and, as a bonus, it's not particularly messy so you don't have to worry about those nice Christmas dresses and sweater vests!
- craft foam (we used red, white, and green)
- pencil, marker, or pen
- sequins (or beads, pom poms, glitter, etc.)
- cookie cutters (bell, star, snowman, heart, Christmas tree, etc.)
- hole punch
- Trace various shapes onto craft foam using Christmas cookie cutters.
- Cut out shapes.
- Punch a hole at the top of each cut-out shape.
- Cut a length of ribbon for hanging each ornament. Thread ribbon through the hole and secure it.
- Decorate the ornament as desired. We used sequins, but you could get fancier!