- 4 craft/popsicle sticks
- green paint
- brown paint
- Cut the ends off of a craft stick (we used the bigger size that look like tongue depressors) so that it is about 4 inches long. You could also use popsicle sticks, but the dimensions will be smaller than listed.
- Take a second craft stick and cut the ends off so that it is about 3 inches long.
- Cut the ends off of a third craft stick and then cut it into two pieces, one that is about 2 inches long and one that is about 1 1/2 inches long.
- Paint the cut sections of craft stick green. We used acrylic paint.
- Take a fourth craft stick and paint about an inch of it brown and the rest green. Allow paint to dry completely.
- Arrange the four craft stick sections on top of the whole craft stick (smallest on top, largest on bottom) like a Christmas tree. When you have them arranged the way you want, glue the craft sticks down.
- Decorate your tree by gluing on sequins for ornaments. You could also use beads, buttons, pom poms, or similar items. Allow the glue to dry completely before adding your magnet.
- Adhere a magnet to the back of your Christmas tree. We used a self-adhesive magnet. Display your Christmas tree magnet or give it as a gift. We use ours to hold artwork on the refrigerator.