Sunday, November 14, 2010

Turkey Leg Maraca

My husband just looked at me like I was nuts, but this time my craft inspiration came from rinsing out an empty bottle for recycling. I think this is the quickest and simplest project I have ever come up with and Mia thought it was fun! What could be better?

Materials:
  • plastic milk bottle with cap 
  • brown paint
  • paint brush
  • dried beans (or rice, coins, etc.)
Directions:
  1. Coat the inside of a clean, dry plastic milk bottle (ours was from McDonald's) with brown paint.  Allow the paint to dry. The way we did this was to pour paint into the bottle, put the lid on, and tip it upside down. We let gravity do most of the work and then used a paint brush to touch up any areas as needed.
  2. Fill the bottle with dried beans. Replace the lid and have fun making some music!

No comments:

Post a Comment